Autism On Scene Response Cards
Designed for law enforcement and first response field use.
Autism On Scene Response Card front and back images in jpeg format are now available to all police and public safety agencies at no charge. For quick reference, the images can be stored in agency cell phones or at the 911 emergency call center. If laminating and printing the cards, please request the print template. Please email your agency request to: Dennis Debbaudt firstname.lastname@example.org
The printed cards can be ordered at cost by following the instructions below.
Contains key communication and response information for first responders.
Can be used by children and adults with autism, parents and care providers as an on-scene handout.
Laminated cards come in two sizes, small (business card) or large.
Card front sample statements:
- Communication – “May not respond to your commands or questions”
- Behavior – “May laugh or giggle at your presence”
- In Criminal Justice Situations – “May not understand consequences of their actions”
Card back sample statements:
- Tips for interacting with persons with autism
- “Use simple language”
- “Give praise and encouragement”
- “Allow extra time for response”
Small cards, 3 1/2 by 2 inches, 150 for $29.95, add $2.00 shipping & handling for each additional order of 150 cards.
Large cards, 3 1/2 x 5 inches, 150 for $39.95, add $2.00 shipping & handling for each additional order of 150 cards.